Thursday, June 4, 2020

What are One Chapter Readings?

I was once subbing in a 8th grade classroom, and the teacher was doing something she called ¨One Chapter¨ Readings. Every Morning she would read the first chapter of different books to spark interest in books for her students.  I thought this was a great way to introduce books to her students. I adapted this for my fourth graders, and then my second graders once I had my own classroom. 

Now as the Creative Literacy teacher, I feel it is important for me to be able to suggest books to students. In order to do that I need to read. I´ve always made staying up to date on good literature important, however recently I´ve been reading much more than usual. 

Here are some of my One Chapter Book Readings: 

Desmond Cole Ghost Patrol by Andres Miedoso 


Ling and Ting by Grace Lin 


Barkus by Patricia Maclachlan 


King and Kayla by Dori Hillestad Butler 


Franny K Stein: Mad Scientist by Jim Benton 


Bink and Gollie by Kate Dicamillo


  

No comments:

Post a Comment